219 zipper

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

mstrain
Beginner

219 zipper

Post by mstrain »

I currently own a 336C in 219 zipper, need to sell it and don't want to get taken to the cleaners on it. Great shape, blue is 90%, wood extra nice
I have been shooting for over last 43 years and have never grown tired of it. I have been a re-loader for over 30 years. Am a paper puncher now and live to see those 1 inch groups with the big bores.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Mstrain;

According to the latest copy of 2007 Standard Catalog of Firearms, The Collector's Price & Reference Guide (17th Edition), the Model 336 in .219 Zipper is valued at $850.00 in excellent condition(using NRA condition grading system).
The 16th Edition of Modern Guns, Identification & Values, an excellent condition .219 Zipper Model 336 is valued at $700.00.
Frankly, I would go with the first value. These guns are quite rare, desirable and collectable. There were only 3,230 of them made between 1955 and 1959. If yours shoots well, then it is a rarity as most of them do not shoot well anymore. The Micor-Groove rifling did not react well with this hot little cartridge.
I hope this helps.
mstrain
Beginner

zipper

Post by mstrain »

that helps a bunch, thanks. mine is a shooter, it hasn't been shot that much so it still has excellent rifling and is accuarte as can be. You don't want to be a warm can of beer at 150 yards unless you want to be used as flashing to repair you down spouts
I have been shooting for over last 43 years and have never grown tired of it. I have been a re-loader for over 30 years. Am a paper puncher now and live to see those 1 inch groups with the big bores.
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

Has yours been drilled and tapped?
GBOT, GBUSA
mstrain
Beginner

Post by mstrain »

No, only the factory drill and tap on the top of the reciever. No other gun smithing, stone stock with a Weaver 4X.