Marlin 39 magazine tube

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

JWColby
Beginner

Re: Marlin 39 magazine tube

Post by JWColby »

Hank and Vall,

While parts were in the ultrasonic cleaner, I had some time to just stare at it. With the help of you two providing info and some mechanical luck, I got it figured out. I did have all the pieces after all. Whoever had it last wasn't even close, and I'm not sure why they even had the magazine tube off there in the first place. I had wrong ideas about it based on how it was put together when received. One of them was that the end piece moves with the outer tube. Nope. That was the game changer. I finally got the dovetail piece in the tubes, figured the other hole was for locking it in place when it's open, and it all fell together from there. I should get it all put back together tomorrow. Maybe I'll post a picture of it mostly done. Thanks again to you both.

Regards,
Jeremy
JWColby
Beginner

Post by JWColby »

Hank and Vall.

Here's a picture of the (mostly) finished rifle. I've only put one coat of stain on the buttstock and forearm, and I'll put a few on with some wax. I'm not big on varnish finished stocks. When the stocks are done, I have a similar vintage Unertl to put on it. Next time I go to Idaho (probably soon). I'll give it, and a couple of Walnut Hills a try that I've been meaning to, a try. After completely tearing it apart, cleaning, and oiling it, the action is super smooth. I can see why everyone seems to love these rifles. Thanks for all the help; this one had me stumped.

Til next time,
Jeremy

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... VqVnNMSUR3
WhatsNext
Beginner

Post by WhatsNext »

Very pretty! Glad it worked out.
Hank
Hank
In Cheyenne
Marlin M92, 39