Marlin won't send me parts I need!!

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

TW4570
Beginner

Marlin won't send me parts I need!!

Post by TW4570 »

I want to convert my 1895 GG to a pistol grip stock and Marlin won't send me the trigger guard plate, they say it's "Restricted Availability" "parts installed at factory only".

Hummmm,now what???

Tom
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

If you have a pistol grip and a straight grip you can move the parts from one to the other. You have to remember a lot of rifles have the serial number on the front of the floor plate so that may be part of the issue. Would not recommend chaning serial numbers by switching I would think that could cause problems.
GBOT, GBUSA
TW4570
Beginner

Post by TW4570 »

Hi Sure-Shot
I don't have a pistol grip I can switch with. The ser.# on the Guide guns is on the top tang so I don't see where the proplem is with sending me the bottom one.

I was looking at Wild West Guns and a lot of the Guide Guns have the pistol grip stocks,wonder how they get them???

I really don't see what the big deal is. Who knows :?
Guess something that seems so simple to do is going to be not so simple.
But I'll figure something out.
Tom
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

You might try posting a request to trade your straight grip items for pistol grip same, in the for sale section here. Also, keep an eye on Ebay, as these show up there on occasion.
There's a guy there who sells and installs the triggerplate and lever as an installed assembly for $77.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
Cheyenne Guns
Beginner

Post by Cheyenne Guns »

I was checking Brownells and your part is listed as "NO AVAILABLE" from the factory. So they arn't just picking on you. Marlin Tech Support should tell you why.

They are afraid of all those STUPID lawyers. You know Cheney had the right idea.
shootrj2003
Marksman

Post by shootrj2003 »

I wouldn't worry about it ,just buy one off e-bay or another auction and slap it on make sure you don't end up with two serial numbers though[erase the wrong one and reblue]I've seen them on E-bay in whole parts lots which you could sell as separate pieces and make your money back or keep for spares.Marlin won't sell parts to the Public which'' need'' the services of a gunsmith to install to be verified as safe e.g.in this case the trigger and sear are part of this assembly and can be rendered unsafe by improper installation of this assembly by an inept person.I'm assuming that since your looking for this part that you are not incapable of its reinstallation and the attendant safety checks needed to verify the rifles safety when reassembled.That's the way I would do it or you could send it to them. Shootrj2003
being of a mind that an armed populace is a free populace.... i'm armed!