Zioxbb hack takeover on MO.com??

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

seaweaver
Beginner

Zioxbb hack takeover on MO.com??

Post by seaweaver »

There apears to be a hack take over on Marlinowners board by zioxbb.
I tried to get infor on this and it apears to have affectec many,many other boards. is this what everyone else sees or is it somthing being generated by MY computer?
cw
Doc Sharptail
Beginner

Post by Doc Sharptail »

Me too, Seaweaver. It locks up my browser as well.....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
moodyholler
Beginner

Post by moodyholler »

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!
Hopkins and Allen falling blocks parts and guns wanted.
SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW »

I've gotten several e-mails about the hack & it seems the perpetrator has been found out. Hopefully, Larry will have the site up & running soon! I need my MO fix badly!

I hadn't realized what a close-knit community that bunch is! I correspond regularly with a couple Italian collectors and a fellow Steyr nut, but I got to looking, and the lion's share of my e-mails are from Marlin folks.

I'm sure I've annoyed the webmaster here to no end about the trolls, schmucks trying to peddle stuff and the off-color garbage, but I feel if we can keep that garbage away, the site will be better for it in the end.

I don't want this site to fold up, either, as I have several genuine friends here, too! :D

Best Regards,

Steve
I am really not an expert - distinguished or otherwise!!
Doc Sharptail
Beginner

Post by Doc Sharptail »

Thanks for the info, Steve. DNS attacks of this nature are now a Felony under federal U.S. law. The perpetrator must have borne a grudge indeed to run a traceable risk like that. Hopefully all will be normal soon. I ran my generic AV scan program, but still wonder if my own computer has been affected by this? According to the scan my machine is clean....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
shootrj2003
Marksman

Post by shootrj2003 »

I saw the same thing last night on the hotel computer in Cleveland,Oh.When I got home this morning I found it on my computer and I ran a scan to verify MY security which according to Norton is clean ,but, you can never know because I still get the occasional pop up and virus's and such are alway's getting better.I also sent an E-mail to Larry but I'm sure he was aware by then.Shootrj2003
P.S. any one in reach ,a gun show tomorrow at Middletown N.Y.[Orange CO. FAIRGROUNDS]
being of a mind that an armed populace is a free populace.... i'm armed!
JohnK
Sharpshooter

Post by JohnK »

After about 30 clicks on a little window that came up on my Mac I was able to access the forums, but they are all locked up. Looked like everything was still there, I just couldn't ad anything to the forums. The picture gallery is still intact as are the other links. Whoever the person is that did the hack, only messed with locking up the forums. I think they ought to let us handle the hacker. That would be interesting. :wink:
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I am assuming that you are all discussing problems on another site? Please let me know if there are any problems here with our site. I have attempted to keep our scripts up to date in order to eliminate vulnerabilities from hacks.
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Marlinowners was back

Post by Sure-Shot »

Logged on about 6:20 it was there, read two messages and then when I started to post about it being happy it was back it was gone again. Should be working soon.
GBOT, GBUSA
shootrj2003
Marksman

Post by shootrj2003 »

I haven't been able to get on for four days now shootrj2003
shootrj2003
Marksman

Post by shootrj2003 »

when I hit submit for this reply DEBUG MODE comes up but my reply is posted.Shootrj2003
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

Same thing happened to me, except it wouldn't let me post either! Been trying for 4 days, and it finally started working tonight! :D
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW »

When you post & get the 'debug' prompt, the post will still go through... eventually. SW
I am really not an expert - distinguished or otherwise!!
Four-Eyed Buck
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Four-Eyed Buck »

I just tried and got a site not found........Buck 8) :(
If Marlin made SA revolvers, I'd be shooting those, too!!!
Jayhawker
Beginner

Post by Jayhawker »

The hackers have really been busy. The Curio & Relic Firearms and the PMC Ammunition Forums are both down too, victims of hoodlums.
Well done is better than well said. Benjamin Franklin