39A Parts from Numrich - Gun Parts Corp?

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

jackman
Beginner

39A Parts from Numrich - Gun Parts Corp?

Post by jackman »

Are Marlin parts from Numrich - Gun Parts Corp. authentic Marlin parts or are they manufactured by others? I'm in need of a scope base and hammer spur for a '77 39A and I found them on the Numrich web site. The prices are reasonable, but I don't know if they are authentic Marlin parts or if they are exact reporductions of the Marlin parts. Has anyone had any experience with this parts supplier?

In their section on "Late Model" 39a's they offer the "2-Tier" scope base. I believe that to be the new scope base introduced by Marlin in 1975 for 3/4, 7/8, and 1" rings. Does that sound right? I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

Most, (but not all) parts sold by Numrich are aftermarket. They do have some surplus parts, but usually contract to a supplier to make parts to their specs. I've had mixed results; read that mostly bad, with their parts. On top of that, they charged me to send them back the wrong or defective parts, before they sent me replacements, which they also tried to charge shipping on again!
I need to realy want what they have to go through that again!
I have numerous original hammer spurs, plus the original scope bases. Not sure about the "tow tier" base? Mine are the standard .22 style base for a 39a, which accept 3/4" or 1" rings. Email me for price and info.
marlinguy@juno.com
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!