mag tube

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

dglordi1
Beginner

mag tube

Post by dglordi1 »

:shock:
I recently purchased a Marlin 27S pump rifle in 32/20 caliber.
It has no magazine. Does anyone know of a source for a tubular
magazine for it or a junker 27S?
Thanks
Natchez Nick
tim1958b
Beginner

Post by tim1958b »

hey another model 27s i own a model 27 and im looking for the spring and follower and all related parts for my old ,very old model 27 if you ever find a place to buy the needed parts for the magazine please let me know as i have been looking now for about five years with no luck whatso ever i know there is one in some closet rusting away and we could both use the parts numrich has the needed parts listed but has never had any in stock to sell why i have no idea and im now looking for a gunsmit to fabricate the parts i need wish you the best of luck ,what did you pay for your junker model 27s i wonder what the difference is ? mine is center fire 25/20 a very good round for fox and coyote ,a little small for deer but a head shot is a dead shot ,and mine will do that out to 150-200 yards with the marbles filp up tang peep site does yours have that ? if so its alone worth alot by its self .. please reply to tim1958b right here
dglordi1
Beginner

Marlin 27S

Post by dglordi1 »

Tim,
You can proably get a spring from Brownell's, make a plug from wood.
My 27S came with two stocks, a set from Fajen and also the original Tiger-Striped Schuetzen Stock with metal fancy buttplate. I paid $200.00 for it, as it was in pieces. Magazine was missing. It is in about 90% condition.
It is in 32/20 caliber and with 4.5 gr Unique I get 1/2 inch groups at 50-yards, shooting single shot, of course.
I have a junker in 25 rimfire, I paid $100.00 for it. Good Luck.
Natchez :P
Natchez Nick