Marlin 25N

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

magnum330
Beginner

Marlin 25N

Post by magnum330 »

I have a Model 25N that I bought used about 6 years ago. Its in mint condition I use it to shot target and squirl hunting. The last 2 numbers of the serial number are 91 is this the year it was made? Im new here you all have allot of info on Marlins! How long did thay make the 25N? I need some new clips for it I bought one I found at a Kmart years ago they had on clearance I had 2 but I left one outside and its all rusted! opps! I left it out after shooting and found it few days later all rusty! I tried to clean it up but its to bad. I would like to have a few extra clips for it. Thanks for your help

Thanks
Brad
SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW »

The first 25Ns were made in '88. To learn the YOM, subtract the 1st two digits of the serial number from 100. 100 - 12 = 88, for example.

Magazines are easy to find for this. One place that sell them is brownells.com - item# 550-000-353. Another option is to hit mag vendors at gun shows. SW
I am really not an expert - distinguished or otherwise!!
magnum330
Beginner

Post by magnum330 »

Thanks I will check out that web sight and I will check to see were and when there is a gun show comeing up in my erea. I did the subtracting thing my 25N was made in 1995. Thanks again