Marlin Model 200 shotgun

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

droptine9
Beginner

Marlin Model 200 shotgun

Post by droptine9 »

Hi Guys,
Any info on the Model 200 series single shot shotguns would be appreciated. I would like to know all the gauges they came in if possible,
Thanks a bunch
If at first you don't succeed; skydiving is not for you!
droptine9
Beginner

Post by droptine9 »

Also, it looks like H&R makes it as it looks just like a H&R Topper Model, but is barrel stamped Marlin Firearms on the right side.
droptine
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

I could not find any 200 Series listing in the Brophy Book, is it a modern fiearm? If yes you might want to check the Marlin Firearms web page. If it is another stores Series number, Marlin made a number of firearms for a variety of stores under many names, then you need to cross reference the store model/brand with the Manufacturer list to obtain the correct Marlin Model number. e-gunparts.com has a cross reference list on their site. Sorry.
GBOT, GBUSA
droptine9
Beginner

Post by droptine9 »

Hi and thanks for the reply. I found nothing in the Brophy book either. Thats when I came here for advice. Yes, it is a modern gun, and it looks identical to my HR Topper single shot, it has a case colored receiver, with barrel being blued.
I do find examples of this gun being sold on gunbroker and auctionarms in a 12 gauge, the one I have is a .410.
Curious it is marked the way it is, and I cannot find it listed in Blue Book or Brophy.
I will continue to research,
As always, thanks for such a great forum,
You guys ROCK!!!!
shotley
Pro-Marksman

Post by shotley »

droptine9, I just got back from a gunshow that had a model 200 in 410. It had Marlin markings. What I interpreted from the dealer was that Marlin made these in the year 2000- thats where the 200 came from- and Marlin was told by H@R not to put their name on it anymore. The dealer claimed that it is a one year production and he has collected them in 12, 16 20, and 410 gauges.
For whatever it is worth!!!