model 94 serial numbers?

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

airborne44
Beginner

model 94 serial numbers?

Post by airborne44 »

Sorry for something I am sure has been brought up multiple times but I can't seem to find the info I need on the manufacture date of a model 94 in 30-30. I have called Marlin and they aren't able to help either. I have a co worker looking to sell a 94 in 30-30 serial number 6376521. It is a nice looking rifle but I have never owned a lever action, and never owned a Marlin. I have been told it could be a 350 dollar rifle, it could be a 1500 dollar. I doubt it is on either end of that range and somewhere in the middle. The seller is asking 700, but will sell to me for 600. Thank you and sorry again for an issue that has probably been beat into the ground, but again. I just can't find a definitive answer.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: model 94 serial numbers?

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Airborne44;

Couple of problems here. The Model '94 was never made in the .30-30 caliber. That would be either a Model 1893, Model'93, 1936, 36 or 336.
The serial number does not compute either. Too long, too many numbers. Look closer, it that first "6" a letter instead of a number?
Next question, is this a Marlin or a Winchester? The Model '94 Winchester was made in .30-30 and could have a serial number like the one you posted.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.