Tom Johnson, R.I.P.

Membership Questions and Answers

Moderator: Regnier (gunrunner)

Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Tom Johnson, R.I.P.

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

This is to inform members of the Marlin Firearms Collectors Association, Ltd. that the current President of the Association, Tom Johnson passed away Sunday, February 19, 2023. Tom was a long time member of the Association and served as President of the Association and member of the Board of Directors for many years. Tom was also past President of the Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Association.
His presence at the upcoming Association meeting in Kansas City will be sorely missed.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
Road King
Expert

Re: Tom Johnson, R.I.P.

Post by Road King »

Condolences to his family. I had only met Tom once but always remember discussing his interest in one of my 1881 loading tools. RIP my friend
Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
cj57
Marksman 1st Class

Post by cj57 »

I have been around here a long time, but never met the Gentleman. RIP Sir, prayers for you and family
oodmoff
Marksman

Post by oodmoff »

Just saw this or i would have responded earlier.

Most of my interactions with Tom were at the CGCA show or across the phone and only had occurred within the last 15-20 years.

He would always greet you with a smile or a pleasant hello and was always ready to show you something obscure that you probably never had seen before....and yes it was something centered around Marlin. He would always take the time to answer any of the questions I had and would make sure he added something a little extra to his explanation to help further my knowledge. I always tried to find something Marlin related that he had yet to come across but only very rarely succeeded.

A wealth of information regarding early marlin literature, loading tools and other "goodies".

Tom was a great guy a great ambassador for the association (certainly in the time that I knew him) and will be greatly missed.

RIP
Thanks
Darin
heidinicholejohnson
Beginner

Post by heidinicholejohnson »

Uncle Tom was one of a kind. I was just getting to know him after my father, Dick Johnson, passed. They were both avid Marlin collectors. I wish to honor them both. 💔
robertisenbarger1
Beginner

Post by robertisenbarger1 »

Tom Johnson was my cousin. I had been trying to contact him for the last couple months. Last spoke with Tom at Christmas. Would love to hear from anyone who knew Tom or who has any additional information regarding his passing, family etc. Thanks for any assistance.