Final Collection Update

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Road King
Expert

Final Collection Update

Post by Road King »

Just to continue on my final update on my collection or as I like to call it, Brian's Home for Wayward Marlins. I my effort to put together a collection of Lever action rifles from early marked J.M. marked Ballards up to the 1936 models, I had collected a number of each of the models but only a couple of Model 1881s, so I decided to search out a few more of these models and as I did my interest grew and my pocket book shrunk, I have been enjoying searching out these rifles. The three included in this post are 2 in .40-60 caliber and one in .45Govt. These guns were all found in Canada. I have searched out all these guns at various gun shows or by contacts as I tend to avoid the fees associated with auction houses. I feel lucky to have found the variety of the model 1881s that I have, although not in high condition but nice original guns that have seen service as they have been manufactured for in the past 140 years.
I do enjoy showing my collection and try to put on displays wherever I can. I am off to another gun show this weekend and hoping to find that next wayward Marlin looking for a home.

Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
Brent
Sharpshooter

Re: Final Collection Update

Post by Brent »

Really nice rifles! Good luck in the search for more. More is always better.... :) Well, mostly always.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

Very nice collection Brian!
I've never been all that enamored with those minty close to new condition guns. I like guns that show some signs of wear and careful use myself. I always wondered how anyone bought one of these fine guns over a century ago, and never liked it enough to use it?
I had a dozen 1881's at one time before Ballard fever hit me. I still have three, and they're not going anywhere.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
oodmoff
Marksman

Post by oodmoff »

Brian,
wonderful 81
I wouldn't go so fast as to say the words Final....lol.
Thanks
Darin