Another Long Barrel

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Road King
Expert

Another Long Barrel

Post by Road King »

Here is another 30'' barrel 1881 that I found a few years ago. It was told to me by previous owners that the rifle originated mid Western States than to Alberta Canada, to Nova Scotia Canada and then to New Brunswick where I found it. It now rests in my collection. The rifle is in nice condition in .40-60M, straight grip stock and no set trigger. The rear sight is a folding sporting leaf sight, which appears to have been on the rifle for the majority of it's life. I have included a photo of the heavy barrel to compare it to standard barrel size.
Image Image

Image Image

Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Another Long Barrel

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Brian;

As a side note, all extra length barrel ( more than 28 inches ) Model 1881's will be the extra heavy barrel size. So, if you ever find a extra heavy barrel on a 28 inch or shorter barrel length, best check the records to see what was recorded in the records for a barrel length.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
Road King
Expert

Re: Another Long Barrel

Post by Road King »

Regnier (gunrunner) wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:21 pm Brian;

As a side note, all extra length barrel ( more than 28 inches ) Model 1881's will be the extra heavy barrel size. So, if you ever find a extra heavy barrel on a 28 inch or shorter barrel length, best check the records to see what was recorded in the records for a barrel length.
Yes Rick I realize all 1881s over 28" are heavy barrels. I have found one 24" barrel that has heavy barrel. The records confirm it. It will be in the book on the 1881s when it gets published.
Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."