Gun Show Display

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Road King
Expert

Gun Show Display

Post by Road King »

I attended a Gun Show out on the East Coast over the Labour Day Weekend and put on a small display of my Marlins. The response was amazing as people commented and asked a lot of questions. My display covered Marlin Lever Guns from JM Ballards to the Model 1894s. 99% of the rifles on display were pre 1906.

Most common remark was "This is what we used to see at gun shows years ago, Displays."

Just doing my part of "Show 'em, don't hide them!"

Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Gun Show Display

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Brian;

Nice job! Putting on a display is a lot of work, but it often pays off in dividends in other ways. Anything that educates the public and other collectors is always a plus, and sometimes, may even give a lead on a piece for the collection.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

Very nice display! I wish more people would do it, but as Rick mentioned it is a lot of work!

I do a small display of some Ballard rifles every month at our monthly collector gun show here. I also do a larger display at our annual two day big collector show here. We get about 30-35 displays at the annual show, but only a few at our monthly show.
I always enjoy the comments and questions I get from the displays as they're pretty interesting. The least educated gun people have the best questions from my experience.

This is my display from our show in August. They are custom built Ballard schuetzen rifles by famous makers.
Top to bottom. A Schoyen, Zettler Bros., AW Peterson, Pope, another Schoyen.

On the table are another Schoyen cased on the left and a Pope 3 barrel takedown cased set on the right.

Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
oodmoff
Marksman

Post by oodmoff »

Brian,

Awesome display. Great set up, just the right amount of wow and they fit to a
specific time period.

Vall,

Always a pleasure to see some your Ballards out on display...they keep getting more high end
and include special makers of the period!

Darin
Thanks
Darin