Marlin Model 60 and similar model 22 cal. / What is round limit(s) in tubular magazines?

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

djenk201
Beginner

Marlin Model 60 and similar model 22 cal. / What is round limit(s) in tubular magazines?

Post by djenk201 »

Have been working on various firearms for years and recently given a Model GA 22 limited edition rifle. It is just like the Model 60 and one issue was its not ejecting or extracting. In the conversation the owner stated they were loading 17 to 18 rounds in the tube magazine.

My question was in the mag tube round limit as I felt it was to be 10 rounds. i do know that some were listed at 14 rounds but now I am concerned as to what truly is the limit for the rifles magazine tubes. Given the length of average 21" approx. They surely are limited to a certain number of rounds. What is that limit?
huskerbob
Beginner

Re: Marlin Model 60 and similar model 22 cal. / What is round limit(s) in tubular magazines?

Post by huskerbob »

I recently purchased a Marlin Model 60SN - W/S. It came with a black synthetic stock and an inexpensive 4 x 20 scope (not than any of that matters). It is chambered in .22 LR only.

I remembered it to have a 14 round capacity in the tube magazine but pulled out the manual to verify. My gun does in fact have a 14 round capacity but I can't swear that is universal for all Model 60's.

Unfortunately, the stock covers/conceals a good bit of the magazine tube so I can't give you the overall length.
utvolsfan77
Beginner

Re: Marlin Model 60 and similar model 22 cal. / What is round limit(s) in tubular magazines?

Post by utvolsfan77 »

In the early 1980s, tubular magazine capacity on Model 60 rifles was reduced from 18 to 14 long rifle cartridges.