Wanted: Marlin 20a pump .22

edk923
Beginner

Wanted: Marlin 20a pump .22

Post by edk923 »

My granddad taught me to shoot with a Marlin 20a. It was unfortunately stolen. Now I'd like to teach my grandson to shoot and capture and create memories and pass the tradition. Does anyone have a Marlin 20A that would like to sell? Or where I could find one? I have been looking at Gun Broker. No luck. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Ed. edk923@aol.com
flatheadrick
Beginner

Re: Wanted: Marlin 20a pump .22

Post by flatheadrick »

LEROY MERZ HAS A MODEL 18 FOR SALE ON HIS WEBSITE,NOT A MODEL 20, BUT A MARLIN ,=.22 PUMP
Dave Woods
Beginner

Re: Wanted: Marlin 20a pump .22

Post by Dave Woods »

I have a Marlin 20-A with a full Magazine. It's in very good shape, original blue etc. It also has a nice shootable bore. It's only problem is that someone only shot .22 shorts in it. It will shoot .22LR, but it won't extract the empty cases. To shoot .22 LR, it would have to be Relined. All of the exposed hammer pumps were STANDARD VELOCITY guns. This explains why in 1935 when really high velocity .22 ammunition was introduced, they were all discontinued. I also have a Model 37 in perfect shape, except for a repaired toe chip, and a nice model 29, which is a half magazine Model 20 with a round barrel I'm trying to get my photograph thing together. My first attempt resulted in taking a picture of my own face,