Spam

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Spam

Post by marlinman93 »

Why does this site get so many spam posts? Have you considered not having a guest section, and ending all the spam attacks?
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Spam

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Vall;

That is what is being considered. It is to bad that we cannot have a guest section available to individuals that have inherited a single gun and want to know about it without having to register to do so, but that is going to have to be the way. I have banned gmail and aol users from registering as that is where most of the spammers tend to come from when they do register. If someone with those email addresses want to register, they would need to contact the webmaster so he can forward their email to me and then I can unban the email address to register them, then ban it again.
It is also to bad that the spammers do not understand that their posts are deleted for a reason, but they keep coming back and posting again, just to have thier post deleted again. They must have pea sized brains not to "get it"!
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I changed the permissions on this forum. I also had to unlock the gmail because I had someone trying to register. Lets see how this works for a while. I hate to have to lock it all down but there are just too many spammers out there.
Brent
Sharpshooter

Post by Brent »

webmaster - your webmaster email address does not work. I clicked on it to send a note to you about difficulties logging in. The message address was autofilled by the browser, so I didn't mistype, but the message bounced twice.

I figured out my problem however, but can't tell you why 'webmaster@marlincollectors.com' bounces.

Brent