mdl. 1893 30-30

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

riverman4111
Beginner

mdl. 1893 30-30

Post by riverman4111 »

i am new to the board,hoped i could gain info. about a newly accuired mdl. 1893? has 20" rd. barrel," the marlin firearms corporation--new haven conn.u.s.a.-patented-- special smokless steel " all on top of the barrel. has " marlin safty " on top of the rec. has " marlin model 93 " on tang. has a bullseye on bottom of the stock. the lever is case hardened color. the rec. is silver color.has hard rubber butt plate,that has MARLIN onit. cal. is 30-30 , srl#82xx , cond is all orig. barrel 95% blue wood is really nice with a couple very small dings.total cond. would be close to very good. would like to know d.o.m. and approx value range. are there any other boards that could also help me? thank you carroll
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

Your gun will be hard to pin down to a specific year, as it was made after 1906, when records were not recorded. Because it is a model '93, and has the "Corporation" rollstamp, and the Bullseye in the buttstock, I would guess it to be in the mid to late 1920's. Is the serial number under the lever, or in front of the trigger guard?
As to value, it would be improper for me to guesstimate your gun's value, without seeing it.
Hope this helps.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
riverman4111
Beginner

mdl. 1893 30-30

Post by riverman4111 »

srl. # is under the lever
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

Marlinman is one of the best sources of information, just in case you haven't had time to look around and figure that one out yet. Another web site for info or just chat is Marlinowners.com as the name implies it is mostly about Marlins and hunting and just a bunch of good guys sharing info with he occasional blowups over who's right.

http://www.marlinowners.com/board/ drop in and visit awhile.
GBOT, GBUSA
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Riverman4111;

The Marlin Firearms Corporation existed from 1921 to 1924. The Corporation started using the "Bullseye" trademark in 1922. Therefore, you can pretty much place the date of manufacture on your Marlin Model '93 sometime between 1922 and 1924. Now, it may be possible that the barrel was a leftover from the Corporation when the Kenna family started the business as the Marlin Firearms Company (as it is today) and used all existing barrels to save money. The "bullseye" is still used today also. I hope this helps.
riverman4111
Beginner

mdl 93

Post by riverman4111 »

thanks gunrunner , that does help me to know d.o.m. would have any ider of value? thanks carroll