Model 94 25-20

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --

Model 94 25-20

Post by Guest »

I have a Marlin Model'94. in 25-20 with serial number 447xxx and would like to know what year it was made. This rifle appears to have been re-blued at some point and the barrel interior is what I'd say "Unshootable". The action works very smoothly and has no rust on any parts, too bad the barrel interior wasn't taken care of ... I believe it will require re-lining or a new barrel.
Since I have no desire to shoot it I was hoping to sell it to someone who would spend the time and money to bring it back to a shootable status and would like to know what a fair price would be to sell it for.

Wish I could post some pictures.

Thanks,
Dave Swann
Mesa, CO
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Model 94 25-20

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Dave;

A Marlin Model '94 with a serial number in the 447,000 range would have been made around late 1913 or early 1914.
If you want to post pictures, go to the post "Old Marlin in New Zealand" in the Guest Questions section. There, you will find excellent instructions on posting pictures by Road King.
As to value, need to see the gun in question as no one here will try to give an estimation of value without seeing something first.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the help and info. I can't seem to get the photos small enough to post.

Post by Guest »

I had to take new photos as I couldn't minimize the pixels on the previous photos any more. Hope this helps.