Found a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in .45 Colt & Questio

What the name implies

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Hammerdown
Beginner

Found a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in .45 Colt & Questio

Post by Hammerdown »

Hello
I was at a Local pawn Shop the Other day and Noticed they had a Marlin 1894 CB Limited in .45 Colt. I looked at it and their price was $500.00. I aksed if they had any room to move on it and the sales clerk said it would be better to check back this week closer to the end of the month but he felt it could be had for $375.00. I stopped Yesterday and Offered them $350.00 out the door with Taxes and Back Ground and they took my offer. Here it is and my Forst targets fired with some Hand loads I had for a S&W revolver. The Loads were made using Hodgens Tight Group Powder at 6.4 Grains. The Bullets were Hornady Cowboy 255 Graqin lead SWC and I used a CCI Magnum Primer, with a Factory ring style Lee die crimp.The Green Shoot & See target was at the 50 Yard Line while making sight adjustments and the standard target was at the 100 Yard line and the Bead covered the entire black circle at that range. Does anyone Know how many Limited models were made like this and why they called them a Limited ? Thanks for any responses. Regards, Hammerdown

" I SHALL WALK THIS PATH BUT ONCE.. THERFORE ANY GOOD THAT I CAN DO I SHALL DO NOW AS I SHALL NOT WALK THIS PATH AGAIN" ..... "JUDGE NOT AS YOUR FINAL DESTINY MAY CONTAIN A MIRRORED REFLECTION OF NEGATIVE PAST JUDGEMENT OF OTHER'S"....
Grizzly Adams
Beginner

Re: Found a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in .45 Colt & Que

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Hammerdown wrote:Hello
The Green Shoot & See target was at the 50 Yard Line while making sight adjustments and the standard target was at the 100 Yard line and the Bead covered the entire black circle at that range. Does anyone Know how many Limited models were made like this and why they called them a Limited ? Thanks for any responses. Regards, Hammerdown
IMHO, Marlin over-uses the term "Limited."

Can't tell you how many they have made, but they are not rare. As far as I can tell, the "limited", in this case, is used to distinguish the "Cowboy" model with the octagon barrel from the standard 94. They are most common in 45LC. The 44WCF was made in smaller numbers, and is no longer in production.

By the way, you got a GREAT deal on that rifle, and did not even wear a mask! From the targets, I would say "There ain't no flies on that one!" :D
ggeilman
Beginner

Post by ggeilman »

Yeah you got a steal on that one. I paid $659.99 for mine, difference is a got a life time warranty. All of the 1894 cowboys are marked Limited so they are anything but rare. The new ones though are of inferior quality if you ask me.