Marlin Model 26 12 Ga Buttstock

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

uudfourty
Beginner

Marlin Model 26 12 Ga Buttstock

Post by uudfourty »

Hey fellas,
I've been enjoying lurking about the forums, but now I have a question which, hopefully, someone can answer.

I have in my possession a marlin model 26.
This poor gal has been abused, misused, and treated rough.

Someone in the past thought it would be a good idea to cut the buttstock off just past the tang and file finger grooves on the leftover stock.

I'm trying to to get her back into good working order, so I need a buttstock.

If any of y'all can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Also, many of the receiver screws have been badly damaged (PO didn't use gunsmith screwdrivers when he/she tried to "find out" what was wrong with her).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
WD-40
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin Model 26 12 Ga Buttstock

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Uudfourty;

Unfortunately, the Model 26 is a straight grip stock, and I cannot find anyone that reproduces the straight grip stock at this time. There are 3 different models that use a straight grip stock, the Model 17, 21 and 26. There was also the Trap Gun and the Field Gun models that had straight grip stocks, but those two models had checkered Circassian Walnut stocks with a dull oil finish. If you watch some of the internet auction sites, you might get lucky and find a straight grip stock. Any of the above models should fit your Model 26 should you find one of them listed.
I got lucky and picked up a really nice pistol grip stock recently, but that is of no help to you. You used to see stocks on eBay fairly often, but not so much anymore. Check there and Gun Broker, Auction Arms, etc and as I said, you might get lucky.....
You might be able to get replacement screws from Numrich Gun Parts Corporation (www.e-gunparts.com)
Good luck......
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
uudfourty
Beginner

Re: Marlin Model 26 12 Ga Buttstock

Post by uudfourty »

Thanks for the help! :D