Marlin Model 30-G 20 Gauge

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

rufinit
Beginner

Marlin Model 30-G 20 Gauge

Post by rufinit »

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on selling an old shotgun. Where can I find a starting price and what are some good places to sell the shotgun. I have never sold a gun before so any important things to consider would be helpful. The shotgun is in good condition wood and metal.

Thanks
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin Model 30-G 20 Gauge

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Rufinit;

With the current finacial situation around the country, the best place to sell a firearm was on one of the internet auction sites, such as Gun Broker or Auction Arms. These sites allow bidders to bid the price up, and therefor should get you the best price out there if enough people see it. You can set the auction for different number of days to run, but it should go at least 5 days and 7 is better to get the best viewing.
You can put a reserve price on an auction piece, that way if you do not get a good enough bid price, you do not have to sell it. Some things are still selling, and quite well at auction. Pictures are your best friend when listing a firearm on an auction site. Pictures that in focus and well lit to show the overall condition of the piece go a long way to help sell it. Show as much of the gun as possible with good detail on some of the guns features such as model marking and barrel markings. Good close-ups of the wood and butt plate are good to have too. You should set the opening bid fairly low to attrach bidders, around $50.00 to $75.00 with at least $10.00 bid increments. Also, put a post here to let Marlin collectors know you have a collectable Marlin up for bid and on which site, with the auction number if possible.
Good luck........
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
rufinit
Beginner

Post by rufinit »

Hey thanks for the great info will probably do just that. I just need to get some idea of what I should set for the reserve price. I don't really know if its worth 100 or 3000. I haven't been able to find one anywhere on the internet.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Rufinit;

Value will be tough to determine without seeing it. It could be $100.00 or it could be $750.00 for a standard "A" grade gun if it is in near new condition. Usually, really nice "A" grade guns are in the $250.00 to $350.00 range.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.