Marlin Model 26 shotgun

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Emmett Dunham
Pro-Marksman

Marlin Model 26 shotgun

Post by Emmett Dunham »

Does anyone have one of these shotguns that is original, I have one that is in parts and am trying to find the right configeratrion.

Emmett
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin Model 26 shotgun

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Emmett Dunham;

The Model 26 was very similar to the Model 17. It is a straight grip, non-takedown action. How it differers from the Model 17 I do not know as I have not seen a Model 26. They must be somewhat scarce. From what I see, it has the early style forearm held to the pump rod by two screws and has the "hang fire" safety release, on the right side, up near the hammer.
Does this sound like the parts you have?
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
Emmett Dunham
Pro-Marksman

Re: Marlin Model 26 shotgun

Post by Emmett Dunham »

I have put the parts together with a receiver I found and a lot of the parts are the same as the 17 and it is a non take down type barrel. The receiver I have had a 26" barrel that looked like five miles of bad road. The twenty six had a forearm with a metal added to help stop cracking around the screws that hold it in place and set screws to stop the screws from getting loose.

The question on the 26 I have is on the bolt release in the upper right of the receiver I cannot get the part to fit right in the receiver and I wanted to see if someone had an idea about the direction I need to go with getting it right by taking a look at the shotgun.

You are right I have only had your responce to questions about the Model 26.

Thank, you

Emmett