marlin model 49

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

loggah
Beginner

marlin model 49

Post by loggah »

I have an old marlin model 49 shotgun,in brophys book it says these were never offered for sale to the general public,but were offered to people who bought marlin stock. i was wondering what years they were produced,how many shares of stock had to be bought, and if anyone has an idea how many were produced? thanks for any info. Don
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Don;

To receive one of the free guns through the Stock Option plan, you had to purchase 4 shares of common stock at $25.00 per share ($100.00 total)
The Model 49 was made up of a conglomeration of shotgun parts. It used the old style takedown system used on the earlier models (1898, 19, and 21) and the newer style of "hang fire release" used on the later models.
Since it was never cataloged, we can only go by what Brophy says for production dates which are 1928 to 1930. No way of knowing how many were made, but they are not all that common. Good ones are few and far between.
I hope this helps.
loggah
Beginner

Post by loggah »

Thanks much, any info is always appreciated. Don
GUNMAN1995
Beginner

Re: marlin model 49

Post by GUNMAN1995 »

loggah wrote:I have an old marlin model 49 shotgun,in brophys book it says these were never offered for sale to the general public,but were offered to people who bought marlin stock. i was wondering what years they were produced,how many shares of stock had to be bought, and if anyone has an idea how many were produced? thanks for any info. Don
I ALSO HAVE ON OF THESE MODEL 49 12 GA ,YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT YOUR MESSAGE ,THEY WHERE MADE BETWEEN 1929 AND 1932 . THEY CANNOT SAFELY SHOOT TODAYS 12 GA. AMMO ..IF YOU GET WITH MARLIN THEY WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS... GUNMAN1995
GUNMAN1995
Beginner

Re: marlin model 49

Post by GUNMAN1995 »

THIS MODEL 49 THAT I HAVE NEEDS THE FORRAM AND IT WILL BE IN ALMOST 100% ..ANYONE HAVE A FORARM FOR MY MODEL 49 MARLIN 12 GA ? EMAIL ME AT GUNMAN1995@MSN.COM THANKS