Marlin 16 gauge hammer pump

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

cajun54
Beginner

Marlin 16 gauge hammer pump

Post by cajun54 »

I have a Marlin 16 gauge hammer pump shotgun. The only markings on the barrel are the Marlin Firearms Co.
AND
Pat 11-6-1894
Pat 5-12-1896
Pat 6-2-1896

The only other numbers I can find are on the bottom side top of loader are 62122 which I assume is the serial number.

Underneath the barrel are the numbers 63505M

Interested in knowing what anyone can tell me about his gun. I am the second owner, it is in very good condition and was fired two years ago.

Can be emailed at gov52@quik.com as well.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Cajun54;

You, like WhiteLineFever have a Marlin Model 16 exposed hammer pump action, 16 gauge shotgun. Your shotgun, is an "A" grade or standard grade shotgun that was shipped from the factory in New Haven, Ct in late 1904. It has it's original barrel that was 28 inches long when it left the factory. The "M" in the barrel serial number indicates that it has a "Modified" choke.
I hope this helps.
Last edited by Regnier (gunrunner) on Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cajun54
Beginner

Post by cajun54 »

Regnier (gunrunner) wrote:Cajun54;

You, like WhiteLineFever have a Marlin Model 16 exposed hammer pump action, 16 gague shotgun. Your shotgun, is an "A" grade or standard grade shotgun that was shipped from the factory in New Haven, Ct in late 1904. It has it's original barrel that was 28 inches long when it left the factory. The "M" in the barrel serial number indicates that it has a "Modified" choke.
I hope this helps.
Thanks very much for the info. Much appreciated. Do you have any idea of the appx value of the gun, or a link where I could help determine such.
SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW »

There are a variety of variables influencing worth, the foremost being condition. Regional desirability factors in, too. In other words, they might go for more or less where you are than they do here. Generally speaking, though, the 16 ga Marlins don't seem to command the high prices of an old Win or Browning. If you have a number of firearms, it's beneficial to own a gun value or price guide. These can be found in book chain stores and even Wally world. SW