Marlin Model 90 Skeetking Article

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

BarkeyVA
Marksman

Marlin Model 90 Skeetking Article

Post by BarkeyVA »

If anyone is interested, the article about my 16 ga. Marlin Model 90 Skeetking is in The Sporting Shot, Issue No. 5 starting on page 68.

http://sportingshot.imirus.com/Mpowered ... rt10/i5/p1
BarkeyVA
Parley Baer
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin Model 90 Skeetking Article

Post by Parley Baer »

Thank You for the posting. A very interesting article. That was one heck of a buy. :mrgreen:
It's a chancey job and it makes a man watchfull....and a little lonely.
BarkeyVA
Marksman

Post by BarkeyVA »

Thanks for the compliment. I was also surprised that the gun went so cheap. However, at the time neither I nor apparently anyone else at the sale in rural ND knew for sure that it was a Skeetking. It was just advertised as a 16 ga. Marlin Model 90. Also, the auctioneer said the top lever wouldn't return to center, but the gun would lock up tight by manually pushing the lever back to center. I actually prefer Model 90 DT's, but what really got me interested in this gun was its connection with Ole Horsrud, inventor of the Model 90.

The first time I shot it, something jammed the trigger so it would not shoot. I sent it to Gunter Pfrommer (Pfrommer Gunworks in Rocky Mount, VA) who determined that a piece of the broken top lever spring had wedged the trigger, which he promptly fixed.
BarkeyVA
Parley Baer
Distinguished Expert

Post by Parley Baer »

You did good. I also would have been willing to pay more for it.
It's a chancey job and it makes a man watchfull....and a little lonely.