Help restore the Marlin Model 30 16 GA

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

reinnar
Beginner

Help restore the Marlin Model 30 16 GA

Post by reinnar »

Hello friends

I need help. I am restoring a Marlin Model 30 rifle, 16GA, and complete the bolt is missing. Can you tell me where to find for purchase, thereby be able to finish the job.

I have no manual or exploded view, so I'm without reference to code because there are some stores that have parts, but I need the complete list of the bolt, or find it so.

It has gun history, since I'm from Brazil, imported came here many, many years. Besides its rarity, may be the only here in this country the conditions of the marlin are not good, rust ruin, but that I'm recovering.

I need the complete bolt for it to be fully recovered, and its historical value be preserved.

Thanks

Reinnar
Brazil
Shooter and Collector
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Help restore the Marlin Model 30 16 GA

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Reinnar;

That is going to be a tough find. About your best bet is to watch the internet gun sites like Gun Broker and Auction Arms for shotgun parts. Once in a while, some parts do show up on these sites. You might keep an eye on eBay too. The Model 30 is not all that common a gun, so finding parts will be tough. If someone lists parts for a Model 30, you had better be ready to jump in and bid, and high as others will be looking too.
Good luck.......
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
reinnar
Beginner

Re: Help restore the Marlin Model 30 16 GA

Post by reinnar »

Thanks

Yes I'll be watching, but count on help from colleagues in this forum, because here in Brazil will not find parts, and I know many sites of your country .. I am counting on the cooperation of friends to alert the site, links, and even if some have to sell me the piece, I will be grateful too.

Even if the case of a friend who has a number and can ask for a tournament to equal one, so at least I can restore it. While not original.

Big Hug

Not mastered the language of their country and this makes it very difficult when seeking information about parts.

In one store I found several pieces of 30, but I'm not sure the codes of the bolt.