1895 MARLIN ORIGINAL ,40-65

Anthing you think is a big bore

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

bjsgear
Beginner

1895 MARLIN ORIGINAL ,40-65

Post by bjsgear »

HI, ARE THESE SCARCE? CAN'T FIND ANYTHING LISTED FOR THE OLD OPRIGINAL 95'S. THIS ONE HAS THE PISTOL GRIP STYLE STOCK.
Hunt4em
Sharpshooter

Post by Hunt4em »

bjsgear,
They are indeed considered scarce! Trying to pin down info on an original 1895 is time consuming with the new models getting in the way. The pistol grip (deluxe) version is even more scarce! :o Is this rifle checkered?
If you do a search on one of the online gun auction sites like gunbrokers.com, signing up is free. Up in the upper right corner click on smart search, then click on completed auctions and search for Marlin 1895. You can enter the old original calibers to narrow the search, but 45-70 will be a very long list! :wink: I hope I've helped a little. :roll:
Thanks, John

P.S. If you PM Regnier with the serial #, he maybe able to give you the shipping date and original configuration when it left the factory! :lol: Be patient with him, he's as busy or busier than the rest of us!!
otteray
Beginner

Post by otteray »

I too, have an old 40-65 and have a hard time getting info.
Mike Venturino's book, Shooting Leverguns of the Old West, is a big help for reloading this caliber and and many more.
Using his load data with 5744 powder and a cast bullet using an Old West Bullet Mould, I get really nice groups at 100 yards.
I PM'ed Regnier for shipping date , configuration and when it left the factory. thanks for the tip!
BTW, I saw one in the same condition as mine for sale for $3,495 a 40-82. Not that I plan to sell mine. It, and all the rest, will eventually go to my son or daughter. I think it is important to have as much info as available when they eventually get the guns from their late grandfather. That sure adds to the enjoyment of sharing them.