My 1st Ballard

Ballards

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

38-55kidd
Beginner

My 1st Ballard

Post by 38-55kidd »

I watch for new posts on this site all the time, today I have one of my own. A few months ago I picked up a Ballard No. 5 Pacific 38-55 with a really nice bore and newer wood. Well I made it to the public range yesterday....what a hoot!! I was surrounded by AR-15's, 30-06's and 10/22's. After that first shot and the puff of black power smoke out the front, I had a smile on me face that lasted the day. I have a old Lyman post tang now and I am looking to upgrade. I picked up Mr. Dutchers book last week and was told that now I am doomed. I think I am, I have a eye on a No. 2 now. A special thanks to marlinman93 for a little encouragement as I was buying this gun, I know it is not my last.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

38-55Kidd;

Ya gotta just love it.........I think I had more fun shooting a fine old Ballard than anything else. Just something about it!!!
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

I bet that Ballard even got the AR15 guy's attention! Only problem with shooting that old Ballard, is answering all the questions from the other guys at the range! Eventually you have to excuse yourself, so you can get some shooting done! :wink:
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!