Marlin 39A Golden

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

oneshot98
Beginner

Marlin 39A Golden

Post by oneshot98 »

Where can I find a JM hammer spur (extension)? All I find online are the aftermarket round ones and I am hoping to find the original flat. I am starting a 39A collection and like to make look origional as possible, plus with some scopes you need all the room you can get and the flat offers more room
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin 39A Golden

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Oneshot98;

Check the online internet auction sites like Gun Broker and Auction Arms. You will see them on eBay once in a while, but mostly you will see the "Uncle Mike's" extension, which you do not want. Sometimes it takes a little time for one to show up, but eventually one will.
Good luck........
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
Tackdriver 39a
Beginner

Post by Tackdriver 39a »

I also am looking for an original JM hammer extension for a 1958 Golden 39a. Hard to find near me. Any help out there? I know one guy said he had a bunch of them.
sneekpete
Pro-Marksman

Post by sneekpete »

There were 5 different types offered by Marlin over the years. The hammer spur that you are looking for (for a 1958 model) is the first type, with a "JM" in an oval on the top. It has a serrated area where your thumb goes. These are always available on Ebay. I have one if you are interested, email me at sneekpete@gmail.com.