Marlin Model 1936

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

muddog17
Beginner

Re: Marlin Model 1936

Post by muddog17 »

I have a model 32 Special, Special Smokeless Steel 1936 and my serial number is (122) I am trying to get more info on this one. If anyone could help.

Thank You
oodmoff
Marksman

Post by oodmoff »

Just thought i would add that I saw no. 77 at a show in colorado springs recently but the guy wouldn't budge on the price and $700 for a all gray gun just wasn't on my priority list.
lowest number i have seen to date.
Thanks
Darin
Irish Bird Dog
Beginner

Post by Irish Bird Dog »

I have a Model 1936 with S/N 19XX....fluted comb, fish belly fore end, faded case receiver, front sight dovetailed to bbl behind front bbl band, "Marlin Safety" on top of receiver, "Special Smokeless Steel' on bbl, New Haven on bbl address area. So, where does this one fit into the scheme of things? Bad news is that at some point somebody D/T 4 holes on left side for scope mounts and then somebody did poor job of filling them in. It is 30-30 caliber so noted on top of bbl.
jismail
Beginner

Post by jismail »

I have a model 36RC which im told was made in 1945 as part of Marlins initial return to civilian rifles mfg. It is blued not case hardened and has 36 on the barrel not 1936, and has the serial number of a capital C and 533.ImageImage

It was reblued about 20 years ago but still shoots great and is beautiful to look at!
Donoman
Beginner

Post by Donoman »

Are there any production numbers for the 36? Specially the lower case "c" prefix. I thought I read somewhere that it was a low production year but now I find that information nowhere.
bpschuck
Beginner

Post by bpschuck »

I've had my model 1936 since 1977 when my father handed it down to me before my first time hunting. It's a real low serial number, 987 with no prefix. 30-30 with a 20" barrel, full length magazine. I guess that makes it a regular carbine. It's pretty much original, except that the stock has been cut down a bit to my shorter reach.
Copper68
Beginner

Post by Copper68 »

Hi,
I am new to this forum and am excited to learn more about Marlin firearms.
I have owned several Marlins over the past decade or so and have enjoyed them very much. My newest find is a 1936 in 32 Win Spl. with a serial number slightly below the range of 2900. It is in great condition and seems to be complete except for the rear sight elevator. I have search the web and have found rears sight elevators for the 36 and 336. However, I can't find anything that states that either of these will fit on a 1936. I like to have my firearms complete including small parts like the rear sight elevator.
Additionally, I am going to put a tang peep sight on it as it has not been drilled/tapped.
I am betting a 36 rear sight elevator will fit but want to hear from the extensive knowledge base on this forum.
I am excited for any response.
Former Police Officer, NRA Police Firearms Instructor, NRA Police Distinguished Shooter, NRA Life Member, Photographer, Hunter and Shooter