Marlin 39A

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Wings
Beginner

Marlin 39A

Post by Wings »

Hello and thanks for allowing me to join this group. I have a 1953 Marlin 39A that was my grandfathers. it is missing the Cartridge Guide Spring and screw. I have search all over online for this but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy one or how to make one? Thanks.....
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin 39A

Post by marlinman93 »

Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
Wings
Beginner

Post by Wings »

Great! Hard part to find. Thanks!
michaelj2k
Beginner

Post by michaelj2k »

HI guys,
I have a Marlin 39A handed down to me from my dad who purchased it in 1968. It's been in storage for a very long time but despite that, it is in excellent condition. I recently took it apart and thoroughly cleaned and lubed it but have a problem with the lever action which has some binding when operating it. Are there any suggestions on how and what to look for to correct the problem? I'm not sure I want to fire it until I can either correct the problem or have someone look at it.

Mike
WhatsNext
Beginner

Post by WhatsNext »

Greetings, you might think about starting a new thread if my suggestion here doesn't work.

I'd take down the rifle again, make sure it looks like everybody is in the right place, no obvious new scratching or dings.
Sometimes I've had the firing pin try to hang up on the finger lever. Reassemble and tighten down thumb screw lightly until pieces are flush. Working finger lever as i tighten. Don't over tighten with pliers or screw driver.
If this doesn't work, post a new thread with some pictures and someone with more knowledge than me will help.

Best of luck,
Hank
Hank
In Cheyenne
Marlin M92, 39