1894CB45

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

jstanfield103
Beginner

1894CB45

Post by jstanfield103 »

Guy's/Gal's

Feel really good today, I have been looking locally for a 1894 Marlin preferably a CB model in 44 Mag. Went to my LGS that I do 99% of my business with to find one. No luck nothing in 44 Mag especially lever action. But they did have a Henry 45/70 in stock. I ended up buying that rifle and everything to reload for it. That thing hits like a hammer on the shoulder. But I am happy with the rifle. So went to the LGS today again to have them see if they could find a 44 Mag in a lever gun. I was looking at the Henry or a Rossi 92 if I can have a Marlin. They said they will see if they can find one.

So I was driving by another shop that I do not go to very often at all. They said they sold the last 44 Mag they had last Saturday. But to my surprise they had a Octagon big bore on the wall that appeared to be a Marlin. I asked what it was and they told me it was a 45 Colt. I bought it right then and there. I can use the same bullets to load my 45/70 and the 45 Colt just need different brass. This happened to be a new Remlin 1894CB45. It looks and feels outstanding. I usually have to cut my LOP down to 12.5", this rifles LOP is only 13 3/8". I can handle that and do not believe that I will cut it down. Wood fit is what I have learned to expect out of the later model Remlins (Marlins) Outstanding. Very, very happy with this purchase. Don't think I will be looking for a 44 Mag until Ruger starts bringing them out, then I have to have one of those. No ammo at the shop I purchased the rifle at though. I went to Cabelas and yep you are correct. No ammo there either, but I did find a set of 45 Colt dies (RCBS) that I bought and my LGS had a couple boxes of 45 Colt Cowboy ammo that I bought.

Man what a great day to have off so I can vote. I did do that also. Happy Day and thanks for a very understanding wife of 40 plus years.