New area of collecting

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Road King
Expert

New area of collecting

Post by Road King »

Well I've decided to expand my collecting scope of Marlin Firearms. Last week I came across 3 Marlin Firearms still in their original cardboard boxes from the 1990s. These rifles turned out to be the 3 Century Limited Employee Edition rifles. The Model 1894, model 1895 and the model 1897. The person that had these was a salesman for Marlin Firearms from the late 80s until the take over by Remington. He told me when these rifles came out in 1994, 1995 and 1997 he was given the opportunity to purchase one with his employee number as the serial number. Each one of these guns has his 2 digit employee number. How cool is that?😎 there was only 100 of these guns produced in the Employee Edition which have gold inlays in the receiver. The ones produced for the public did not have the gold inlays. Not sure how many employees bought all 3. The calibers are 1895 .45-70, 1894 .44-40, 1897 .22

I plan on keeping these rifles as a set for the next class of collectors that will follow in our foot steps.

Enjoy the photos.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
utvolsfan77
Beginner

Re: New area of collecting

Post by utvolsfan77 »

Very, very nice! Those are some really great looking rifles, and I sure wish I could come up on finds like that.
Brent
Sharpshooter

Post by Brent »

I like that 94 and in a great chambering too! I wonder why they didn't case all of them?
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

The Marlin 125th year commemoratives were some of the nicest done commemorative rifles ever. I generally dislike most commemorative guns as they're often cheesy, or cheaply done. The Marlins were the best!
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
Road King
Expert

Post by Road King »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:30 am The Marlin 125th year commemoratives were some of the nicest done commemorative rifles ever. I generally dislike most commemorative guns as they're often cheesy, or cheaply done. The Marlins were the best!
My same thoughts about commemoratives, but when I opened the boxes and seen these, it was Like WOW.!!. Marlin put the effort into these.
Road King
Road King
Expert

Post by Road King »

I have to thank Rick Regnier (gunrunner) for his assistance for a quick lesson in these rifles before heading out on a long road trip to acquire these fine rifles. As my collecting of Marlin Lever guns are of the earlier antique types, this was a new area for me.
Nice to see these younger rifles getting along with the senior rifles in my collection.
Road King
steve004
Beginner

Post by steve004 »

I also have never collected commemorative rifles but I can see it with these three. A really amazing find. They really do look several cuts above the commemorative rifles one usually sees. I enjoyed seeing them and reading the very interesting back story. Congratulations!