39D Sight Part track-down

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

MannKrafted
Beginner

39D Sight Part track-down

Post by MannKrafted »

I have shot a 39A for the last 40 years and just yesterday made a deal for a 39D. I noticed that the step-down piece that wedges beneath the site is missing. My terminology is lacking, but I THINK that my description will give you the correct picture of what is missing. Is there a source for such a piece, as a replacement? I can snap some pix and add them here, when I get home.
Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing rimfire stories.
LaMont in AZ
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: 39D Sight Part track-down

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

LaMont;

The part you describe is called a sight elevator. A new, replacement can be purchased at Numrich Gun Parts Corporation
( www.gunpartscorp.com ) and is listed under the 39TDS version of the Model 39 series. It is part #62 of the parts diagram of the 39TDS.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
MannKrafted
Beginner

Re: 39D Sight Part track-down

Post by MannKrafted »

I cannot thank you enough. I was just looking at my 39A, trying to decide if the size on that rifle would work on the D.
Now, I no longer have to worry.
To say that I am looking forward to putting some rounds thru this 39D is an understatement. My grandfather and I spent a good number of days competing about who could the most gophers, on his ranch just outside of Wilsall, MT. The memories are ones I cherish and I look forward to a trip home to find some of those rascals on my parent's land, on the east face of the Bridgers.
Thanks again!
LaMont in AZ