Info for 25-20 reloaders

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Scotty
Beginner

Info for 25-20 reloaders

Post by Scotty »

After talking to a very knowledgeable shooter of levers, who told me to decide on whether I wanted to shoot jackets or cast, then pick one and stick with it, it was a no brainer with the ammo/bullet situation we have, so since I had some 87 gr remington bullets at a cost of over a buck a round, I pull the bullets out of some of them to reload with my 85 gr Meisters. While doing this, I weighed the powder and got between 7.1 and 7.7 grains of a real fine powder. Checked the bullets and most ran around 86.5 grains. Also, the length of the rem bullet was almost the same as the meister. Checked with a caliper and no difference that I could tell. This same guy told me to make sure all copper was out of the barrel, start shooting the cast and don't clean the barrel like forever. Which, by the way, will be very difficult for me, since I was taught over sixty years ago to never put my rifle away without cleaning it. His choice of a load was 7.5 gr of 4227. Would appreciate any comments or opinions.