Model 94 44-40 identification help

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

charger73fan
Beginner

Model 94 44-40 identification help

Post by charger73fan »

Hello - new to the forum but have already learned much from previous posts, so thanks! I have a Model 94 in 44-40 serial number 421190 saddle ring carbine I’m trying to get info/value on. No bullseye or star. Finger lever is color case, receiver is blue. Serial is perpendicular to bore under the gun right behind the forearm on the trigger plate. Two barrel bands - one in front of front sight and one at the front of forearm. Round barrel marked “Marlin Firearms Co., NEW-HAVEN, CT. USA PAT’D OCT. 11 1887. APRIL 2. 1889. AUG 1. 1893.” Rear sight is flip up with ranging slider. Nothing but two screws on top of receiver. The trigger plate does not seem to have the gouge I’ve read about indicating a musket part. I have plenty of pics, but can’t figure out how to post them here. Thanks in advance for any help in narrowing down exactly what I have here....
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Model 94 44-40 identification help

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Charger73fan;

With a serial number in the 421,000 range, your Marlin Model '94 would have been made about 1911. Everything you describe about your carbine is correct for a gun of that period.
To post pictures, go to the section titled "No Longer Guest Questions" and see the very first post by Road King. It gives the directions necessary to post pictures on this site.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
charger73fan
Beginner

Re: Model 94 44-40 identification help

Post by charger73fan »

http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/charg ... sort=3&o=0

I think this link works to view pics of the gun. Does it seem to be original by the look of it and any thoughts on approximate value? Thanks again...