New guy here

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Scotty
Beginner

New guy here

Post by Scotty »

I am a new guy to this forum. I was given a Marlin 1894 CL 25-20 by a friend. This rifle was made in 1990 and was still in the origional box with all the tags on it. I am not new to guns and have just retired as a deer hunter due to inability to get around in the woods the way I always did. However, since receiving this wonderful gift, I have decided to possibly get into the lever action program at my local range. My only experience with a lever was as a kid of 12 and a winchester 94 which I couldn't hit the barn door with. After a couple of years, I graduated to a bolt, and stayed with them. I always like the levers though and later regretted selling the 94. I do reload, but have no dies for a 25-20. Question???? Is this a good site for me to get the info I will need to move on? If not, can any of you recommend a site for me that I will be able to ask questions? I will need reloading info, where to purchase info, and the best rear sight to put on the rifle with out any drilling or permanent change to the rifle. I have no intention of scoping this rifle. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Brent
Sharpshooter

Re: New guy here

Post by Brent »

This is a good place for the info you seek. http://www.steelchickens.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Brent
Wornknobby3
Beginner

Re: New guy here

Post by Wornknobby3 »

Ok thanks I will take a look. The only other number stamped on the gun is under the lever and it's only stamped 40