Refinished marlin 1894?

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

jorgy
Marksman 1st Class

Re: Refinished marlin 1894?

Post by jorgy »

About the best thing you can do is to report this matter to the people who manage the website. Report it as a scam & the listing will be removed. But the sad thing is he will assume another identity & repost it. Armslist.com is known for having numerous scams
on their website. The webmasters need to more vigilant & clean up their act.
Brent
Sharpshooter

Post by Brent »

No surprise. Tell him you have a friend that will deliver the money (cash) and pick up the rifle directly from him in TN. I did this with my personal crook and he was in Amsterdam, where I really did have a friend to do this. it imploded of course.
branchbreak2
Beginner

Post by branchbreak2 »

jorgy wrote:About the best thing you can do is to report this matter to the people who manage the website. Report it as a scam & the listing will be removed. But the sad thing is he will assume another identity & repost it. Armslist.com is known for having numerous scams
on their website. The webmasters need to more vigilant & clean up their act.
I flagged it as a scam. Hopefully no one will fall for it or the other various listings like it. Thanks for the tip on googling the description. That makes it much quicker to tell if they just copied from gunbroker.
Brent wrote:No surprise. Tell him you have a friend that will deliver the money (cash) and pick up the rifle directly from him in TN. I did this with my personal crook and he was in Amsterdam, where I really did have a friend to do this. it imploded of course.
haha I will tell him that. Too funny.
jorgy
Marksman 1st Class

Post by jorgy »

I was on armslist.com this am & apparently he had it relisted already. I flagged it as a scam but he will probably repost it. He should be kicked off the website completely & not be allowed to post on it anymore. The website needs more enforcement.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

People need to look at all the gun ads he has on Armslist, and tag them all as scams, whether they are or not. Maybe if that happens he will at least have to change his user name, and wont have any history.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Gentlemen;

If you use the USPS and mail a check for an item and it is not delivered, it is mail fraud, and you can get the United States Postal Service Inspectors involved. You have to contact local Postmaster first so they contact the Postal Inspectors to start an investigation. It also helps if you instruct the seller to ship via USPS with a tracking number, which most will not want to do as they know it involves mail fraud, and that is a federal crime. Do not use a credit card or debit card to pay for your purchase, mail a check with a request for limited signature of the seller only, signed return receipt to show the check was delivered and who signed for it. That makes it easier to show that individual is responsible for the fraud. It may take a little longer, but you have some leverage with a canceled check to show fraud.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

I also use USPS money orders for payment, as they also get the feds involved if cashed by a crook. They have a $1,000 limit, so sometimes it takes buying more than one to make a purchase.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

I use Bank Money Orders as they come with a copy, and if necessary, you can always go back to the bank to see if the check has been cashed and who cashed it.
As long as everything goes through the Postal Service, it will get the attention of the Postal Inspectors.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.