Corporation 93 carbine

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

KidCurry
Beginner

Corporation 93 carbine

Post by KidCurry »

I have a corporation 93 carbine half magazine in 32 special. It has a bullseye and a star. The serial number has no prefix and it is 8686. Any help on when it was manufactured would be appreciated. It's a clean machine for the most part and the case hardening is still very visible. Thanks.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Corporation 93 carbine

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

KidCurry;

Observed serial numbers for Marlin Model '93 without a letter prefix tend to indicate that these were the early guns made by the Marlin Firearms Corporation after WW I. From observations, some of these early guns were made up of left over parts from the original Marlin Firearms Company in that some receivers are drilled for the Hepburn receiver sight, and some are marked Model 1893. These non-prefix serial numbers reach into the high 9,000 serial number range. Now just how many were made in that first year (1921) is hard to say as there were other models being produced, taking manufacturing time. If it is not a first year gun, then it most likely would be a second year gun or 1922. Not all guns of this serial number range had the bullseye or the star. Some had both and some had one or the other.
I hope this helps.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
KidCurry
Beginner

Re: Corporation 93 carbine

Post by KidCurry »

Thank you very much. It has deluxe swivels but no drilling or tapping in the side of the receiver. It's still a decent piece well into the shooter grade. The guy I got it from kept telling me that it was some sort of mounted division issue gun in a production run in the 8xxx SN range. I have never found ANYTHING remotely close to verify this.