Brace of 1000

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Wishbone
Marksman 1st Class

Brace of 1000

Post by Wishbone »

Anybody have an idea of what current going price is on these ? Everything I find online is (at least) a couple of years old.

I found a set yesterday in a customers basement, along with about 50 other firearms. She had inherited them all recently when her father passed. "We're not gun people, and we're not sure what we're gonna do with them all" was what she told me when I asked if they were for sale.
The set was still in the original shipping carton from Marlin. As expected, the green interior of the case is very badly deteriorated. But to my surprise, I could find no damage on the guns themselves. She doubted they had ever been removed from the case, as she told me her father had a habit of buying firearms and just stowing them away. In my excitement, I even forgot to check the number of the set.

I left her with an offer, but think I may have low-balled it. What would be a fair offer in todays market ?

WB
MARLIN - THE GUN FOR THE MAN WHO KNOWS
jorgy
Marksman 1st Class

Re: Brace of 1000

Post by jorgy »

I would say that the condition they are in between 1500.00-2000.00. You can always have the box relined. Do a search on gunbroker.com for sold items. It seems to me there was a set on recently.
Mart1948
Beginner

Re: Brace of 1000

Post by Mart1948 »

Brace of 1000

The current Marlin Collector's magazine has a Brace that is new, unfired, but some damage to the inside of the case for $3,995. I guess prices will vary depending on the person selling. Good luck.