Marlin Model 93 Serial Numbers

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin Model 93 Serial Numbers

Post by marlinman93 »

SgtDog wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:00 pm I thank you for the replies gentlemen. Yes, some conflicting characteristics make it a mystery date-range. Hard to imagine barrels marked with the ‘Corporation’ stamp would still be found that many years later - but I suppose it is possible. The Star, or lack thereof, seems to fall in the same ‘duel possibility’ territory. I’m inclined to think the two together (“Corporation” and lack of a “Star”) are two pieces of evidence for 1926 or earlier. Am I evaluating those two pieces if evidence coinciding together incorrectly?
That's my opinion in this era and features. So difficult to pin anything down exactly, but I too wonder how the Corporation marked barrels would still exist in Depression era guns? Plus as the '93 model went closer to the later 1920's and early 1930's a 24" barrel is extremely unusual. Most later versions were built with 20" barrels whether they were rifle or carbine configuration.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
crashdummy38
Beginner

Post by crashdummy38 »

looking at a 93 carbine serial number 9438, higher than you mention. has star on tang, corporation marked barrel, Any idea of its vintage ? thank you
Mattr
Beginner

Post by Mattr »

I recently received a Marlin firearms corperation stamped model 93 with the star and no bullseye. The serial number is 9974. It has a octagon barrel. I’m not interested in sell it but I’d love to know what it’s worth. It’s in good condition. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!