mod 29 help

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

danger831
Beginner

mod 29 help

Post by danger831 »

Hi new to this great forum and I need help please.I have a modal 29 that is missing allot of internal parts and the bolt or carrier not sure what to call it (the part with the firing pin in it)but not sure how valuable these guns are I think it will cost allot to get shooting again is it worth it? also were is a good place to get parts for an old gun like this? how about a schematic so I can see what parts I'm missing? Thanks
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

I wish I could give you some encouragement, but it's bleak! I sell parts for old Marlins, not new repros, but used. I rarely get a model 29 parts gun, or ANY parts beyond tired wood for a model 29 Marlin! Nobody is making repro parts, and my only suggestion would be to keep an eye on Ebay for model 29 or model 20 parts. (these two are the same gun internally)
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
danger831
Beginner

mod 29 help

Post by danger831 »

although not encouraging thanks for the info hopefully some one else will post better news and thanks for the info on the 20 i will keep a eye out.
DEADBOLTGB
Beginner

MARLIN MODEL 29 22 CAL PUMP

Post by DEADBOLTGB »

HEY YALL
I GOT MY HANDS ON A MODEL 29 22 CAL PUMP
LOOKING FOR SOME PARTS TO REBUILD
I HAVE ALL THE PARTS EXCEPT FOR THE STOCK AND FOREARM
ALSO MISSING THE PUMP MECH TO LOAD THE SHELL (PLATE TO GO INTO RECIEVER) PRETTY RUSTED GUN BUT CAN BE REWORKED TO FUNCTION IF I CAN FIND THE RAIL FOR THE PUMP MECH
NUMRICH HAS THE WOOD STOCKS AND IF I CAN FIND SOME KIND OF DRAWINGS I COULD REBUILD OR SELL IT OFF FOR PARTS
I RESEARCHED IT AND SEEMS IT WAS MADE BETWEEN 1915 AND 1917 WITH A VALUE BETWEEN 30 AND 300 DOLLARS
ANYONE THAT CAN HELP I WOULD APPRECIEATE IT :roll:
THANKS ALL
NO MATTER WHERE YA GO THERE YA ARE
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

Many of the parts on the 20-20A-20S-29-37-47 are interchangable. Model 20 & 20s firing pins are different from the rest but the 20-A, 29, 37, & 47 are the same. The model 47 magazine tube and insides of the tube are different than the rest. Otherwise most of the parts will interchange between these models for reconstruction.
GBOT, GBUSA
danger831
Beginner

Re: mod 29 help

Post by danger831 »

just found this gun again in a closet still looking for a bolt so bumping this just to see if anyone has one .
bolt for a model 29
Thanks, dan