Model 995 magazines

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

dirte
Beginner

Model 995 magazines

Post by dirte »

I have a model 995, which as I understand it, was the predecessor to the model 795. I need some replacement magazines and have very little success locating anything specifically listed as pertinent to the model 995. Does anyone know if the model 795 magazines are the same design/style/fit and thus able to be function reliably and safely in the older model 995?

Or if anyone has a source for purchasing model 995 specific magazines they could refer me to, I would greatly appreciate it.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Model 995 magazines

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Dirte;

Numrich Gun Parts Corporation shows they have 7 round and 15 round magazines in stock. Another place to try is Bob's Gun Parts (www.gun-parts.com)
Good luck.........
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
shootrj2003
Marksman

Re: Model 995 magazines

Post by shootrj2003 »

While not exactly the same mag,the newer 795 mags will work in your 995,your mags ,( older mags for the 995) will not work in newer 795's due to a casting change that puts a lump in the newer mag wells this prevents insertion of older mags ,it is easily deleted with a Dremol or files.however your older rifle will happily accept new mags
There is no clear reason for this P I A obstructuction andit is a new thing ,I just deleted one,about 20 minutes of work ,if that. In
being of a mind that an armed populace is a free populace.... i'm armed!