Finally Got my 39A!

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

miker557
Beginner

Finally Got my 39A!

Post by miker557 »

I picked up one today at a gun show in Dallas, marked "Original Golden 39-A" with a Micro-Groove barrel. It isn't 100%, but it is a lot nicer than the last eight examples I've looked at. My question is - date of manufacture? It has an eight-digit serial number, 2521XXXX. Someone at the show guessed late 1960's - can anybody give me a more accurate date? Also, What about the use of high-speed ammunition in it? Any information you folks can give would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Miker
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Finally Got my 39A!

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Miker;

The serial number indicates that your Model 39-A was made in 1975. At that time, Marlin subtracted the first two digits of the serial number from 100 to indicate the year the gun was made. ( i.e. 100 - 25 = 75 or 1975 )
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
miker557
Beginner

Post by miker557 »

Many thanks for the fast info!
miker557
Beginner

Post by miker557 »

Okay, I know it's been a while, but hey, I can't get out as much as I would like ... anyway, I finally took the 39A out and shot it this past Sunday - my oh my, it is a sweet little gun! I got silly and loaded it with CB Shorts - how many of you knew it would hold 25 of those little darlings? That, and the almost total silence with which the gun fired ... heck, who needs a suppressor when you can shoot CB's all day long?