Model 99

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Freerider57
Beginner

Model 99

Post by Freerider57 »

Hello, I'm new here but not anywhere else...everywhere else I'm just old.
I could use a little help in identify a Marlin .22 rifle and hope someone here is
I have my mother's Model 99 .22 and this gun must be from 1959 to 1961 based on it's features etc.
It has a walnut Monte Carlo stock, 18 shot capacity tube, gold trigger and guard. It had a sling at one time but do not know if it came with them. This description fits the 99DL model.....and here is my question.
Would a model 99DL have the "DL" on the barrel? My gun has only Model "99" on it.
The front sight is missing and in my search to replace it I have noticed my barrel is drilled for 2 screws.
I can only find sights with a single screw mount.
I'm going to put this gun back to it's original condition, it may take awhile but I'll get it done.
I also have a Model 20A pump .22 and it is in great condition.
I enjoy my .22's owning many brands and models but the Marlins are my favorite.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Freerider57
Beginner

Re: Model 99

Post by Freerider57 »

7 years later.........no replies?
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Freerider57;

The Model 99 DL as you described was made from 1960 to 1964 with 5,279 rifles produced. The barrel would not have been marked DL as that would have required a new roll die, and those were expensive to make, so as long as the old Model 99 roll die was working, there was no need to replace it.
As to the front sight situation, you may have to search a number of sites to find a correct one. You might want to start at eBay, then Gun Broker, etc.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
LilRascal
Beginner

Post by LilRascal »

Hey, New guy here. Did you ever find your front sight? I'm in the muddle of restoring a Model 99 and have been parts searching and may have a link for you.