Model 99

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

kerrys50
Beginner

Model 99

Post by kerrys50 »

I have a Marlin Model 99 with tubular magazine, circa 1962. Have fired many thousands of rounds over the years, and several years ago it developed feeding problems. Essentially, will not feed new rounds. I understand that Marlin no longer services these, since it is more than 30 years old. Have had a couple of local gunsmiths take a look at it, but they all say no. Would like to get it repaiered and useable again to shoot with the grandkids. Any suggestions on where and who might be willing to tackle such a case?
Bigdog
Beginner

Re: Model 99

Post by Bigdog »

IIRC, the Model 99 shares it's inner workings wih the earlier Model 60(?). Numrich has many parts for the Mod 60. Might have what you need? I have read of owners needing to replace the cast metal feed block. Numrich has these, the last time I looked.
"Bother" said Pooh,
as he loaded another round.
Mals9
Beginner

Re: Model 99

Post by Mals9 »

Pull out the magazine tube and make sure it has the plumber on the end of the spring. If it is there take some cleaner like clp of Hoppes and squirt some down the magazine tube and depress the spring a few times to clean out the accumulated gunk. Also check that the cartridge lifter is moving freely. Model 60 variants run their best with very little lubrication.

Mals