Marlin 92?

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

shooter93
Beginner

Marlin 92?

Post by shooter93 »

I have a Marlin 92 22 rf missing....you guessed it.....the breech block. parts for the 22's seem a bit scarce but parts for th 32's aren't. Are the frames the same, I know they were milled for the wider breech block which isn't a problem for me. I'm thinking I'd like to convert it to 32. I have a 97 that was a junker we turned into a custom plinker so I don't want another 22. I would assume the tube for the 32 would be the biggest problem finding? Barring converting this one I could turn it back into a 22 if someone knows where there is a breech block for sale and pass it on to some young kid coming up. I'll re-stock it either way which again is not a problem. Any help or thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
Scott
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin 92?

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Scott;

The receiver for the .32 caliber Model 1892/'92 is not the same as the .22 caliber Model 1892/'92 (or Model 1891's for that matter). The .32 caliber receiver is bigger overall than the .22 caliber receiver. The .32 caliber breech bolt will not work in a .22 caliber receiver. Look for a Model 39 or 39-A breech bolt and modify it to work would be your best bet.
Good luck.....
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.