Marlin Model 81 DL

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

dlbleak
Beginner

Marlin Model 81 DL

Post by dlbleak »

hello, i've been a lurker over the years but finally decided to man-up and join. been a long time marlin fan, can't beat the value. i finally have a question for the experts. i recently picked up an 81 DL and it is missing the inner magazine tube. numrich list the 21 3/4 inch and the 23 inch. where should i measure from to determine the length?. it is also missing the diopter inserts for the rear sight. i've seen threads about where to get them but who and what is best,read-(affordable). btw, marlin model 60 was the first rifle i bought with my own money. waited for k-mart to put them on sale for 59.99. great guns!
thanks.
dlbleak
Beginner

Re: Marlin Model 81 DL

Post by dlbleak »

let me clarify. since i don't have the inner tube, i don't know which one i need. allowing for the locking cap and spring follower, i could come up with both measurements depending on where i measure from,thanks
klewless
Beginner

Post by klewless »

If your 81 is a DL, you need the "23 inner tube. The standard 81 is about an "1 shorter than the DL version. The brass tube is from a Marlin 81, the aluminum tube is from a Marlin 81DL. ,
Mals9
Beginner

Post by Mals9 »

You can an aperture from Joel at Apertures -N-More. Excellent product and service. You can request the size of the hole for hunting or target.

Mals