Marlin 89c question.

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

hawkenhunter87
Beginner

Marlin 89c question.

Post by hawkenhunter87 »

I have a marlin 89c. Every time I use it I have to keep count of how many shots I fire because the bold doesn't hold open and I don't want to dry fire it. Is there no bolt hold open feature after the last shot with these guns? If there is, any ideas on what could be wrong and why it isn't holding open? Any info on this great gun would be appreciated. Other then the lack of bolt hold open I love it and it shoots dead on.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin 89c question.

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Hawkenhunter87;

I checked in Brophy's book to see if he mentioned the last shot bolt hold open feature on the Model 89C rifle. He did not mention it and had copied the description of the Model 89C from a couple of different catalogs, so I checked some other catalogs that he did not mention. None of the mention a last shot hold open feature. You might try a different magazine in your gun to see if it does the same thing. Numrich may have magazines for the Model 89C, so check there.
Good luck.......
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
hawkenhunter87
Beginner

Post by hawkenhunter87 »

Thank you for the help. I'll definitely be looking into a new magazine to see if that helps, if not, guess I just gotta keep count of how many shots I take.
old89c
Beginner

Post by old89c »

I own an 89C and after the last shot the action will not remain open. There are no hold open features built into the action of this model.