Marlin Model 33

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

R_michaleson
Beginner

Marlin Model 33

Post by R_michaleson »

I have a Marlin Model 33 pump action, tube feed, internal hammer .22 cal rifle Serial # 9731. I have searched the world wide wed and have found nothing on this fire arm. I hope one of your members can shed some light on this rifle. I would be happy to provide any additional information. Thanks for considering my request.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin Model 33

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

R_Michaleson;

The reason you have not found anything about a Marlin Model 33, is because it is actually a Marlin Model 38, hammerless, pump action .22 caliber rifle. The stamp on the bottom of the receiver did not get complete coverage, making the "8" look like a "3". The Model 38 was made from 1921 to 1930. It was availble with either an octagon barrel or a round barrel. The Model 38 was made by the Marlin Firearms Corporation up to 1924, and then by the Marlin Firearms Company after that. There were a few Model 38's assembled by the Marlin-Rockwell after WW I, before the company became the Marlin Firearms Corporation. All Model 38's will have a Corporation stamped barrel marking.
The Model 38 was the new model designation given to the this style gun and was previously known as the Model 32 made by the Marlin Firearms Company prior to 1916. The Modedl 32 is a rare gun and seldom seen.
I hope this helps.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.